Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It?s also the easiest meal to mess up. Donuts, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, sugary cereals?there are so many ways to start your day off in a fattening way.
Read on for 5 No-Effort Breakfasts that deliver in taste, nutrition and speed.
1. Egg Muffins
Traditional fluffy bakery muffins sure are delicious, but that?s the fast track to weight gain. So instead let?s enjoy a protein-packed egg muffin in the morning. These egg muffins are quick, last up to 4 days in the fridge, and will fill you with wholesome energy.
The Recipe: Egg Muffins
- 6 omega-3, organic, free-range eggs
- ? red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Handful of organic shredded cheese
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350? F.
- Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Mix up the eggs, add bell pepper, cheese and seasonings. Fill 6 muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the egg is fully set.
2. Green Smoothie
Not all smoothies were created equal. In fact, most smoothies are nothing but cups filled with simple sugar ? fat traps that are marketed as health food. This green smoothie recipe is different. Packed with wholesome protein and nutritious greens, it?s big on flavor, nutrition and the energy that comes from real food ingredients.
The Recipe: Green Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ? cup wheat grass
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 scoop high-quality, low-carb chocolate protein
- 1 inch slice of banana
- Optional: pinch of Stevia
- ? cup ice
Combine all the ingredients in your high-speed blender, then blend on high for a full minute, or until the tiny pieces of spinach have disappeared and the smoothie turns a brilliant shade of green.
3. Hard Boiled Eggs & Apple Slices
You?d be hard pressed to find a healthier or quicker breakfast than hard boiled eggs and apple slices. It?s filled with healthy protein, fiber and energy prompting nutrients while being quick and portable.
The Recipe: Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- ? teaspoon salt
- Place the eggs in a saucepan in a single layer. Cover with an inch or two of cold water. Add the salt to the water. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn off the heat, leaving the saucepan where it is. Cover and sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain the hot water from the saucepan and run cold water over the eggs. Peel and enjoy.
4. Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin is the flavor of the season, so let?s enjoy it in this quick, nutritious smoothie recipe. The problem with most smoothies is the sugar content, so I?ve made this smoothie to be low in sugar yet still high in flavor.
The Recipe: Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (or half, if you want to save on calories and carbs)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 ? cups water
- 1 scoop quality vanilla protein powder
- ? cup canned pumpkin
- ? teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg and cloves
Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth. Serve immediately.
5. Turkey or Ham Roll-Ups
This is a very quick breakfast idea that tastes amazing. It?s filled with protein, good fats and wholesome fiber. Best of all you can make this in 5 minutes or less, throw them into a ziplock bag and eat them on-the-go!
The Recipe: Turkey or Ham Roll-Ups
- 6 slices high-quality turkey or ham
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
Spread some of the almond butter down the center of each turkey or ham slice. Line with a few slices of apple and a sprinkle of raisins. Roll up and enjoy.
Don?t forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now you have 5 wholesome, quick recipes to fuel your mornings and keep you on track for healthy eating all day long. Start your day right and the rest of the day will follow suit.
Healthy eating is only half of the fitness formula. Eat a healthy breakfast and then come workout with me. Call or email me today to get started on a fat loss program that really works.