4 pieces Bacon, diced
2 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 whole Eggs
1 whole Red Bell Pepper, medium, sliced into thin strips
1/2 whole Red Onion, chopped
1 whole Garlic, minced
15 oz Diced Tomatoes
1/8 tsp Chili Powder
(optional: 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix)
1 Tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 pinch Black Pepper
– Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a fry pan on medium high heat, add bacon and cook until browned and crispy.
– Set aside on a plate covered with paper towel to drain the fat.
– Heat another fry pan (large) on medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to saute the onion, garlic
– Add the bacon, tomatoes, Moroccan spices and chilli flakes, stir and cover with a lid and cook on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Make four wells in the mixture with a spoon and crack an egg into each well and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Cover again and cook on low heat until the egg whites are cooked, but the egg yolks are gooey.
– Sprinkle on Fresh Parsley
– Serve with Rice, Quinoa, or Leafy Greens.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!