1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
(Egg substitute 1 tablespoons flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water)
1 cup Quinoa (cooked)
Coconut or olive oil for cooking
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup Greens
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
? teaspoon cumin
? teaspoon black pepper
? teaspoon ground cayenne
? teaspoon chili powder
? cup oat flour (ground-up rolled oats)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chopped onion; let it cook for a few minutes, stirring often. Add bell pepper and garlic; cook until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the greens and stir immediately, letting it wilt slightly. Turn the heat off.
2. In a large bowl, add black beans; mash with a fork, leaving some texture. Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients.
3. Form patties in 1/2C portions. If mixture is still wet and sticky lightly sprinkle some more oat flour on top of the formed patties.
4. Heat coconut oil in a pan – cook patties ~1min/ side until lightly golden brown.
5. Preheat oven to 375. Place on baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for 25-30 more minutes, until browned and crispy.
6. Serve on a whole-wheat hamburger bun or Salad with guacamole, Mango salsa or corn salad.
Recipe courtesy of My Square Plate